Monday, October 24, 2011

Computer Savvy?

Our children are growing up with so much technology at their fingertips.  I can remember floppy disks that were actually floppy.  I did not get an e-mail address until my senior year of college, and to be honest, I didn't really understand it even then.  I have mentioned before the my children have had net books of their own for more than 2 years.  They can figure things out more quickly than I ever could.  They are just so much more technologically advanced.  I mean, I had a Walkman that just played the radio when I was Jessa's age, and that kid has an ipod!  I didn't even get a CD player until college.  You get the point, right?  I am ancient, and my children are spoiled.

BUT all that technology cannot change my sweet daughter from being a very literal child.

Whenever they want to play on a website that requires an account and password to log in, I always register them.  I make sure that only I know the password.  I don't want them to have too much freedom, right?  So there are times that they are in desperate need to play a game that I am busy.  So we have moments of impatience as Jessa and even Spencer have to wait on me to log them into their game.  Jessa finds this terribly frustrating.  She is always looking for a way to speed things up.

The other day I found a piece of paper where my too clever and way too literal daughter had jotted down the password to a website.  At first I did not understand why she wrote it down - it did not make sense.  But I kept looking at it, and then David saw it.  We both got so tickled as we realized what she had done.

You know how sometimes it matters if you have caps lock on?  Sometimes the logins and passwords have certain letters capitalized?  And you need to pay attention to this or you will be denied access?  Like Dana is correct, but dana is not? 

Are you with me?
Do you get it?

Well, I better just show you her scrap of paper so you can see for yourself:

Sometimes "clever" and "literal" don't mix. . .

1 comment:

mumtaz said...

i like this.......