Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Poor Sick Jessa

We had today off from school because of Election Day. I already voted weeks ago by absentee. Momma was in line by 6: 30 this morning and was home by a little after 8. We were planning to take it easy today after our crazy moving, back and forth to Ft. Stewart, school, holiday pace. This was not to be.
Jessa Lynn did not sleep well, she was up and down and restless all night. At about 8:30, I figured out why: she was starting with a stomach virus. She was screaming from her bed because she threw up. She has had an awful day! Bless her heart. She is so pale. She wants to get up and move around, but whenever she does, she gets sick again. She finally ate some elbow macaroni and drank some juice. She has kept that down, so maybe the worst is over. It is so hard to watch your baby when they are sick and feel bad. I want to make it stop, but I cannot.
Spencer keeps saying he thinks he needs to throw up, too. So far, that has just been his sympathetic nature. We tend to share germs around here, but I am hoping that this one will start and end with Jessa. Fingers crossed!
Spencer and Dunken have been taking excellent care of Miss Jessa, though:

I am so thankful to be here at Momma's, though. Having a deployed husband is the WORST when you have a sick one. The last virus that Spencer and I had in Leesville resulted in my having to drag sick me and sick Spencer to Wal-Mart for supplies. It is always the worst when you do not have reinforcements. Mom was able to bring me a wet washcloth when I could not leave Jess, and more importantly, she was able to head to the grocery store for chicken soup, Pedialyte, Tylenol, and some quiet activities for Jessa to work on while she stays put. I am blessed to have family to help me out during these times. I am also grateful that I am not always a single mother. My single parent-ness is only temporary, and I realize how lucky I am to have my husband and my family.

We are also watching a Muppet Christmas Movie now that Mom brought home. I guess we are getting a sort of lazy, restful day after all - just not the way I would have wanted it to be.
Many of you have commented, e-mailed, and even called to discuss the flag situation that I posted last week. I wanted to let you know that I did complain to the Transportation office at Ft. Stewart. They asked me to submit a statement, which I did. Daddy also sent a copy of my statement to some folks at US TRANSCOM where he works. They are also pretty upset. No one is taking it lightly, and I just wanted to let everyone know that I was following up and making sure that something like this does not happen again.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I hadn't read your blog before I called you today . . . so, I'm hoping that the rest of you did not get sick! Did you watch Survivor? I'm really growing to like Crystal and Kenny . . . the scrappers! Hope you had a very happy birthday!