Friday, October 30, 2009

What's in your purse?

I was going through my purse the other day, frantically searching for something. And I got tickled at the crazy random things that I found. When the babies were small, I never even carried a purse. I just kept a few necesssary items in the diaper bag. About the time I did not need one for Jessa, I did for Spencer. So I went a few years with no purse.



Then I got to the point where I would just carry a big purse and that would cover it. Over time, I realized that my purse was entirely to heavy. OK, yes, Jessa and Spencer love to pick up stray rocks, so I would find several pounds of rock in the bottom of my purse. I had a purse problem. I finally decided that if I carried a smaller purse, I would have less room for all the "crap" that the kids and I pile into it.



Well, my purse is smaller now, but you won't believe how much "crap" I can cram into it. Every day it has different things in it. It changes based on our needs! The pictures from this post are from the day I realized that I still have a purse problem.

This is my purse. Ain't it cute?



This is what an aerial view of my purse looks like:


Here are the items in my purse:



Here they are one by one, itemized for your enjoyment:
Travel Band-Aids -

a Mom must since no matter how serious the injury, a band-aid makes it better.




Keys to my "Mom Van"


A card from an author that signed some books for some of my family for Christmas


A change purse.

Does this mean that there is not several dollars worth of random change in the bottom of my purse?

No, it does not.


Chapstick - Carmex for me and Cherry Chapstick for Jessa -

We are addicts.


An extra Chick-fil-A straw.

I always keep extra straws in case a drive-in window shorts us.

Nothing can ruin a car trip faster than one kid without a straw.
Plus, I love Chick-fil-A.


Kiddie Cold Meds - A must during snotty season.


A compact -

Random, since I do not EVER wear make-up.

I think I put it in there for the mirror.



Spencer's partially eaten cookie from Subway.

I threw it away after I photographed it. Gross.


Ooops. Some crayons that we somehow stole

(from church for crying out loud).


Excedrin - my savior on many days.

Actually, just looking at what I am toting around in my purse

makes me need to take some right now.


A feather - Spencer collects every feather he finds.

And he does not have a purse.


Gum - I hate having bad breath.


"Hanitizer" - 'nuff said.


House Keys and the multitude of frequent shopper/ saving cards I have.

I am so frugal.

Or I shop too much.

You be the judge.


Tops to Jessa and Spencer's milk from a dinner out.

They told me to keep them just in case.

So if I see any untopped milk, I am covered.


My awesome T-mobile G-1


An empty bag from Spencer's frosted flakes to-go that morning.


Receipts.

You never know when you will need them.

Of course, I will never be able to find the one I need. . .


A broken Slinky Dog from Toy Story -

Spencer hearts slinky dog right now.


A snack - Moms get hungry, too.


Stray money -

maybe I should put it in my change purse?

Nah.


Sunglasses -

David makes fun of me, but I even need them on cloudy days.

There is a glare.

Squinting makes my head hurt.

For real.


The stray bottom stuff.


An unwrapper sucker that Spencer wanted to "save for May."

And yes, she ate it when he gave it to her several days

AFTER he placed it in my purse with no wrapper.

That is true love.


My wallet.

The only truly essential item besides maybe the phone.


Do you feel closer to me now?

I challenge you to look in your purse and see what you find!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Dude, I too wear sunglasses ever day, even cloudy ones. I usually still have them propped on my head at ten o'clock at night.

Ditto also the huge ball of receipts, and the occasional rocks. LOL!

kate said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Just last week I saw that there was a flickr group where moms were taking pictures of stuff they found in the pockets of their kids clothes that they were washing. This totally reminds me of that! I love all the stories.