Monday, June 28, 2010

You better work

The only thing that would have made this day funnier would have been a little RuPaul playing in the background. Y'all. Oh my word. Allow me to explain. . .

So one of the fun days we had planned for our time in GA was a trip to the outlet mall. We are all about shopping, peeps. And we had gift cards for Osh Kosh from Christmas. Those babies have been burning a hole in my wallet for 6 whole months. I know, I am a monument to willpower. (It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that there is not a convenient Osh Kosh in Illinois, you know that, right??)
It was cool because we all went to Denny's for lunch first. It was me, Jessa, Spencer, May, Mimi, Poppy, and Lucas. We also had bonus lunch guests! A great friend from childhood and her son met us for lunch, too. Have I ever mentioned how much I heart facebook?? Cause I do! Lunch was so fun and a great way to start our shopping fun.

Now I am not sure if I have mentioned this before or not, but the weather lately has been a tad bit on the warm side. Maybe mall shopping would have been a better idea - you know, indoors, A/C. But we are bargain hunters! So we bravely headed out into the heat to shop. We are nothing if not devoted to our cause. . . (we may be a little nuts, too, but who knows?!)

We went lots of places. We had great luck. Good prices. Good sales. Great finds. We were starting to glisten, but we kept at it. We finally got to the main objective our shopping trip: OSH KOSH. Obviously, this is not for me, right? Once I had the babies, I have about 1000 times more fun shopping for them than I ever had shopping for me!

The kids were having fun looking in the mirrors and checking out the cool Melissa and Doug toys. May sat with them at a little table while Nikki and I were looking at the precious clothes. We were showing the kids things that we picked out. They were letting us know what they liked and didn't like. And then they realized that there were 2 dressing rooms there. This is like their dream. They are always wanting to try things on. Normally, I tell them that they don't need to, but there are not always dressing rooms just for kids. So I said, why not!? And boy am I glad that I did!

They were so funny!
They tried on tons of clothes.
There was modeling.
There was posing.
There was happiness.
We all had the best time. AND I'd like to point out that we were all able to sit in the cool store and watch them. Happy babies, much laughter, AND no sweat! Win/Win/Win! It rocked.
Oh and the dressing rooms looked like rock stars had been there.
Don't worry, we cleaned up before we left.
We aren't actual Rock Stars, after all.

No comments: