Monday, October 27, 2008

FIVE years ago today. . .

at 3:02 PM, a 7 lb. 11 oz. beautiful baby girl was born and her name is Jessa Lynn Key! She was a blessing from the moment she entered our lives. Our Jessa, so anxious to arrive that a nurse delivered her because the doctor (2 doors down) could not make it in time! And she has been in a hurry ever since. . . David and I feel so lucky to have such a special sweet girl.
Jessa Lynn Key

Our first few moments together -

Her first birthday - my sweet baby -


Turning 2, her last birthday as an only child-



3rd birthday and not a baby anymore -


My 4 year old little lady -


Now she is 5 - in the "birthday chair" at school this morning.
Although being "big and 5" makes her sad, so this morning, she begged me to say she is still 4.
I am OK with that. . .

She is a beautiful, smart, headstrong, loving, stubborn, dramatic, spirited, precious, funny, creative, hard-headed, independent, loud, crazy, obnoxious, snuggly, imaginative, one-of-a-kind, fashion forward girl. And I am so happy to have had the privilege to watch her grow and change and mature. I am so proud of the person that she is becoming.

Happy Birthday, Jessa Lynn!!

P.S. I am well aware that this post borders on nauseating, and I do know that I am biased. BUT this is a special day, so please forgive me!

P.S.S. I am working on a post that will do justice to the past 5 day and our trip to Hinesville and Ft. Stewart. Stay tuned!!

No comments: