Thursday, February 18, 2010

One shoe on, one shoe off?

The weather has been, well, crazy lately. Crazy for us GA folks, at least. The kids have to have their snow boots on lots of days to go to school. They they have to take more shoes to put on once they are there. Well, Spencer actually wears regular shoes and then takes his snow boots to wear if it is warm enough to go outside. The child is not even at school 3 hours, yet he needs 2 different types of shoes. I have heard tale of colder climates where the children have to wear snow pants over their clothes and take them off at school. I declare, I don't think we could deal with that. We have a hard enough time making it to and from school with one outfit!

So we've got the whole snow thing going. You get it. Well, last week, on Friday we were having a "Wintry Mix," of course, this is a catch all for rain, sleet, snow, freezing rain, that weather people use to avoid having to make an actual forecast. On Friday mornings, Spencer and I always go to the commissary. It is our weekly shopping trip. So when it was time for me and my little shopper to head out, there was a discussion on proper attire for his feet. I had his snappy Thomas tennis shoes, the ones that light up, all ready to put on his little feet. But I wanted to give him a choice since it was snowy/rainy out there. So I asked him if he wanted to wear boots. I even gave him the choice of snow or rain.

I may or may not have mentioned this before, but our Spencer is a tad on the indecisive side. Basically he does better if Jessa is around to tell him what he wants. So when I am standing in front of my fully dressed boy, holding one pair of shoes and offering him two more choices, I should have known he would have trouble. I mean, picking shoes is tough when you have 2 choices, but 3!?

So after a moment of considering all of his options. He decided. Well, he made a decision. And I must say, I liked his choice. So we were off for our shopping.

The entire time we were shopping at the commissary, people noticed. They looked at him, and then at me, and smiled. Many people whispered to each other as they noticed. Finally, we were in the frozen foods, getting close to being finished with shopping. A man was staring at Spencer's feet with a huge grin on his face. So I leaned over and said, "He couldn't decide." He smiled even bigger and said, "Well, I gotta say, I like his style."

You know what? I do, too!

No comments: