Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Quiet now cobwebs. . .

After I became a Mommy, my Momma told me about this poem. I instantly loved it. It has become my mantra:

I hope my children look back on today,
And see a Mother who had time to play!
Children grow up while you’re not looking.
There’ll be years ahead for cleaning and cooking,
So quiet now cobwebs; dust go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby, and babies don’t keep.

Today it has special meaning to me.
To me, its message boils down to not taking anything for granted.


This whole blog world is sort of new to me. I always wander around and find blogs from the lists of blogs that other people have. It is in this way that I learned of a sweet little girl named Madeline Spohr. She had a tough little life from the start, and her parents lost her last week. I know that any given day so many children are lost, but for some reason, her story really moved me. I spent the weekend reading all of the archived posts by her mother, Heather. I swear, I feel like I know them, I guess that is one of the cool things about this whole blog Internet thing - you can be touched by people that you never meet.

I have had Maddie, Heather, and Mike on my mind all weekend. It is so unimaginable to me. I cannot fathom losing a child. My babies are my life, my purpose, my heart. I simply cannot comprehend what Maddie's parents are going through.

I can say that I have tried to enjoy every little moment with my two babies the past few days. Today is all we have. You never know what tomorrow will bring, so I guess you have to enjoy each day as it comes. You have to be thank God for each moment you are here and that you can spend with the ones you love.

I feel so thankful for all the blessings in my life. And I think the most remarkable thing about Maddie's mom and dad is that despite their overwhelming grief, they are simply thankful for Maddie's life. If you are interested in checking them out or learning about sweet Maddie,
http://www.remembermaddie.com/index.php/2009/04/14/my-little-maddie-moo/


God bless the Spohr family, especially Madeline.

No comments: