Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chocolate Mug Cake

Something cool to try. . .
My mom saw this recipe on a friend's website. She sent it to me because (1) I like new recipes (2) the kids and I love to bake (3) she was curious, and (4) CHOCOLATE.

I am sharing it with you because (1) we had fun making it (2) you may like to try new recipes (3) it is a pretty cool idea, and (4) CHOCOLATE!

I pre-measured all the ingredients for each of us to mix up and put in the mug. (This makes me more able to enjoy our baking together.)

All the ingredients ready to go
It was so easy, and there are only a few ingredients. I am so glad we tried it!!
Mixing is serious work

If you are going to make cake, you have to crack a few eggs.

Spencer likes what he sees.

TA-DA!!!!!!!!
And here we are about to taste it:
David is never up for dessert, so it was just the 3 of us. It tasted pretty good, considering it was such a quick and easy recipe. Oh, and our microwave was higher than 1,000 watts, so I had to adjust the time.
Here’s the recipe:

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional but we saw it as mandatory)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
We also sprinkled some powdered sugar on the top, too.
Happy baking!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing! We will try this one out for sure.

Anonymous said...

Dana!!! This is the most dangerous thing I have ever laid eyes on. LOL

thanks for sharing. :)

Michelle said...

We just made these! YUM!!!! Thanks for the recipe!