Saturday, August 1, 2009

Priceless

In the midst of our mad dash to get the forms all filled out to register Jessa for school, we found ourselves at the mall. We were headed to Sears for an eye exam. And I am SO glad we went there, the Optometrist was awesome!

Anyway, we went to the mall early so we could have lunch. We were beyond happy to eat lunch at a real Chick-Fil-A! Woo-hoo! They are few and far between around here. . .
We had a nice lunch and headed to Sears. The kids were being so precious.
We got to the appointment early and waited patiently. Once we were in the room, Jessa was intimidated by all the equipment and the big chair. The doctor was nice and patient and gave her time to warm up. Spencer and I were seated in the corner of the room, quietly observing. And boy was Spencer awesome! He sat still and watched every move that the doctor made - he was very concerned about Miss Jessa. As we sat there, there would be small lulls in the testing while the doctor recorded her findings. Spencer said to me one time, "Mommy, Jessa is being so good." And I agreed! Jessa beamed. Then one time, Spencer said to Jessa, "We are so proud because you are being such a good girl." Such a supportive brother.
Well, of course, I am a mom who believes in bribery. So the deal was IF she was cooperative and did not act ugly, we would ride the carousel AND get a Chick-Fil-A milkshake on the way out. Wait, did I mention we found a Chick-Fil-A?? Well, she made the case that she was SO good that we should ride the carousel AND the train AND still get the milkshake. I was so ecstatic to have the last of the important pre-registration forms completed, that I agreed.
First, they rode the train. They waited until it was empty so that Jessa could ride in the engine and Spencer in the caboose. Such a good team!
Next we went to the carousel. They were also the only kids on that ride, too. They walked around several times until the selected the perfect two horses that were right next to each other. They rode the whole way holding hands. . .
Then we made our way to the third and final bribe, Chick-Fil-A. Yes, we went to Chick-Fil-A twice in one day. Yes, the manager at the Chick-Fil-A noticed that we were frequent customers. AND we bonded because he used to live in Georgia, too - a land rich in Chick-Fil-A, Dwarf Houses, and Truett's Grills. And we headed out of the mall with 2 happy babies, one happy mom, and 3 delicious Chick-Fil-A milkshakes. And Idid tell you that we got to go to Chick-Fil-A, didn't I??
They held hands the whole way to the car.

When we were almost out of the mall, Spencer said, "Hey, Jess. My hand is a little tired. How bout we switch hands." So they stopped walking, let go of the middle hand, switched their milkshakes to the other hand, and resumed hand holding.

I live for moments like this. My goodness, how I love those 2!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

What sweet sweet siblings!

Jason and Amy said...

That is SO sweet!!!! You've raised some good kids. You should be proud.

And btw, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chick-fil-A!!!!! It's my first and last stop when I come home in the summers. :)